Sunday, July 29, 2012

40 Weeks

FYI Eating cupcakes does not induce labor...
July 29th, 2012. Harpers due date. Guess what? She still isn't here. I have tried so many things to get her here too. The raspberry leaf tea, dark chocolate, walking, etc etc. They didn't work for me. So here I sit on my due date still very pregnant.

I'm not going to lie. I feel disappointed. I'm actually scared that she isn't going to come on her own and I didn't want that. I wanted/want to have a normal birth. Tomorrow at my doctors appointment we will be discussing getting an induction probably by the end of the week. I want so badly to just go into labor on my own with out other means. Inductions scare me. The complications and risk of having to get a c-section does not excite me at all. I know that it is common to go past your due date but at this point of pregnancy I just hurt and I'm tired. My body doesn't feel like its normal self. I'm ready to meet my child. I know going past your due date isn't the worst thing to happen I just didn't want it to.

I know there is an end in sight. I know she will be here soon. But the waiting game is driving me absolutely crazy. I'm trying my best to relax and enjoy this time but being so uncomfortable isn't helping. I knew 3 women due this month. My best friend due a few weeks before me, another one of them shared my due date, and the other was due after me. As of today they have all had their babies. That makes it hard. I'm ready for my turn.

So there you have it. The current 411 with my pregnancy. I'm hoping the talks of induction will actually scare Harper out and then I won't have to go through with it. Until she comes I guess it is back to life on the couch. At least the olympics are on.

Come on out baby girl. Come on out!

6 comments:

  1. Don't forget - a due date IS an estimate, even if doctors like to make women feel like "THIS is the date and if he/she doesn't come, they're LATE and you need a C section or to be induced!" It's so not even true, it's scary what you find out! Praying for you and your unborn baby to come out quickly and healthily but I'm convinced God's timing will be the best timing :) ♥ Have a wonderful Sunday!

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you...having my baby be 12 days late!! I hope baby comes soon for you so you can start holding her in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww her due date is my birthday! She has a few hours to come and we will share ;) Hope she comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your body knows what it's doing. Due dates=just an estimate. She will come in her time-she's just not quite ready yet and thats ok. She's in place she needs to be right now. There is no harm in her waiting longer than you want or doctor wants. Spend your time reading positive birth stories and preparing. :) This time baby and body know best, trust it. Praying for you all as you wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look SO good! LOL sorry, that sounds a little weird, but really, at 40 weeks, you're still looking great! Praying for a quick and natural arrival for your little one! Try raw pineapple? And lots of it! Worked for my best friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeek! So exciting. I saw on twitter today you'll be a mama soon! I'm so happy for you friend!

    ReplyDelete