Saturday, July 14, 2012
14 Days (38 Weeks)
This is the face of an extremely pregnant woman telling her husband to take a picture of the cheesecake not of her. But this is also the only picture I have of my bump currently so I decided to share. As you can see pregnancy is really kicking my behind. I look tired and bloated and I feel tired and bloated. But I am never in too much pain to turn down a date with my husband that includes browsing Babies R Us and a lunch out at one of my favorite spots in Dothan, The River Nile. They make an amazing french dip, sweet potato fries, and cheesecake. Yum and yum.
Besides I loved today. Despite how I felt I received wonderful warm compliments from women all day long telling me how cute my belly was. They also seemed to be able to tell it was time for me to have this baby. Perhaps it is because of my awkward waddle/walk that I currently have? Either way, it made my day!
After my 38 week appointment Friday where I learned that Harper is head down and engaged, I gained a new attitude. I mean I kind of have to. Basically it is just a waiting game. She could come tonight or two weeks from now. Who knows? It is quite the adventure. Either way it isn't far away and moping about it isn't going to make her come any faster. She will come when she is ready and I will be holding my sweet baby girl in no time. Right now it just all seems so surreal. We are about to be parents. I simply can't get over that fact.
So even though I don't sleep much anymore and I pee constantly next week I vow to be better. I am not going to cry over the fact I'm still pregnant (thats right I have cried numerous times). Instead I'm going to embrace these last few days (or weeks) as just me and hopefully that will make things better. I'm going to spend as much quality time with my husband as I can and I'm going to try to get out of the house more. I am going to see Magic Mike. Can you believe I haven't yet? Ridiculous. I know. I'm going to make time fly until she gets here and then time can slow down.
We can't wait to meet you baby girl but you come when you are ready (please be soon)!
Labels:
Pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I haven't seen magic mike either! I want to but think I may wait for redbox!
ReplyDelete