Sunday, June 17, 2012

34 Weeks

Picture taken at 33 weeks, 5 days.

I cannot believe it. Six weeks or 42 days until my due date. I'm ecstatic. Like I said earlier this week I'm over being pregnant and ready to hold our sweet baby girl. I haven't spoken much about the 3rd trimester but it has been my favorite so far.

When it comes to eating. I have been able to eat whatever I want. I'm not craving anything really but I can eat a full balanced meal which was something I wasn't able to do for the first two trimesters. I spent most of those eating the same things because that was all I could stomach. So this trimester I have been indulging a little more. It has been great.

As far as weight gain is concerned I found out at my appointment Thursday I have gained just 17 pounds throughout this entire pregnancy. This concerned me because I was under the impression I should gain at least 25-30 pounds. But the fact that I spent a week sick might be why I have gained so little. My doctor was not concerned because Harper is measuring just as she should and has a healthy strong heart beat. In fact my doctor didn't seem to think I'd gain much more. She thinks I might have hit my plateau. Which is great. Hopefully the weight can come off easily after she is born.

Random side note. My best friend Courtney is pregnant with her first child too. She is due three weeks before me and could actually be having her baby boy (aka Harper's future husband) any time now. Being pregnant with your best friend has to be the biggest blessing. We talk all the time. It is so funny though. With her being due a few weeks before me she will always tell me her symptoms and I usually laugh it off because I don't have them.

My best friend.

Well low and behold those problems are now officially mine. Especially the swollen ankles and feet. They are not attractive. I can walk around for just 20 minutes and they look awful. Other symptoms I have are having to pee all the time again, lower back pain all of the time (thank goodness for heating pads), and very little sleep (about 2-3 hours at a time). Not being able to sleep really stinks because I'm so fatigued that you'd think I'd be able to. Then there are the Braxton hick contractions. Those are starting to occur more often. As much as I want to be upset about all these lovely symptoms I'm not. To me they just mean my pregnancy is progressing as it should.

This week I have a lot of goals when it comes to getting ready for Harper's arrival. I want to get all of her clothes washed, and our hospital bags packed. I don't want to wait until the last minute to pack those. I like being overly prepared. I also need to get my spanx, maternity bras, belly bandit, and nursing tank tops ordered. Hopefully Harpers car seat, stroller, and swing get her soon too. I'm ready to have everything put together and good to go. Six weeks isn't a lot of time especially when you are going to doctors appointments more often, nesting and cleaning daily, and have a husband busy with flight school.

It is go time and I'm ready!! We are ready! You guys i'm going to be a mom. It is the most amazing feeling ever.

4 comments:

  1. your belly is the perfect pregnant belly! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I think you're lying about being 34 weeks -- your so small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great and your dress is too cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing...good luck with everything!!!

    ReplyDelete